Wednesday, February 10, 2016

DAY 1

So I am sitting in my room at the Grand Hyatt hotel in New York City, working on stupid homework. I am going out to dinner in a few hours, and trying to catch up on some rest before I go.

My day today started out at 2:30 in the morning. UCM Concert Choir and Wind Ensemble loaded the buses and rolled out of Warrensburg, MO at 2:51 am headed towards KCI for our 5:50 am flight to Saint Louis. That flight was about a total of 30 minutes in the air (it would've been faster to just drive to St. Louis airport, but whatever). Then we boarded our flight and landed in La Guardia Airport in New York City around noon! I was so excited to finally say that I was in New York! :)

Once we got our luggage, got on the bus, and got to our hotel, I was so relieved. I was pretty paranoid about my things getting stolen or lost, so it's nice to have everything locked up in my hotel room. The hotel is really nice, but pretty small, in classic NY fashion.

Today's adventures included: lots of picture taking; eating New York pizza; eating New York cheesecake (OMG); shopping at a four story Forever 21; and walking around Times Square! It was such an awesome day and I can't wait for the next four days :)










No comments:

Post a Comment