Thursday, February 11, 2016

DAY 2

Today was an extremely amazing day. I started off with some good old Starbucks! :) then we had choir rehearsal for a few hours. It was such an awesome experience at rehearsal, because the composer of one our emotional pieces was there and he listened to us sing his song. I could tell that he was so pleased with us singing and it was really awesome how he seemed so grateful to hear us. It was really cool to get to have that time with him. I am so excited to sing at Carnegie Hall on Saturday.

After rehearsal, I went with a few friends to have lunch at Grand Central Station. Again! It's still cool the second time. :) We took lots of pictures and ate some good food. After that, we went to the New York Public Library. It was lucky that I found some fellow nerds that actually wanted to go to the library with me. We ended up spending almost 2 hours in there; it was beautiful. Gorgeous ceilings, marble everything, grand staircases. Simply breathtaking. Oh, and I also spent $70 dollars in the gift store there... oops. (I'm making a separate post for the library pictures, there's a lot.)


Next we (somehow) dragged ourselves away from the library and headed to Times Square. Again! I went with different people today, so I did some of the same things I did yesterday, but it didn't bother me. One of the people I went to Times Square with today had been to New York four times, so he knew what he was doing, which was nice. We went to the Hershey's store, and then a little coffee shop. We also took some pictures! Then it was back to the hotel to get ready for WICKED ON BROADWAY.

Wicked was so amazing. The theater was gorgeous and the show was fantastic! I've seen it once in Kansas City, but this New York! It was just as good, if not better, the second time. I cried at least three times :) and I bought a Wicked t-shirt! $30 well spent, for sure. 

After the show, a group of us wanted to ride the subway back to our hotel, because it is FREEZING here, and we didn't want to walk. So we got our metro cards, and hopped on! It was a really cool experience. Our group had a few guys that knew what they were doing; it would be really easy to get lost if you didn't know what to do!

The subway ride was really fun, but we had to walk up this HUGE flight of stairs because the escalator was broken, so we were thirsty! So instead of going straight back to the hotel, we went to McDonald's. Chicken nuggets never tasted so good :)

So that's the end of my second day here in New York City. I am so happy to be here. I love it so much. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment