Monday, February 15, 2016

NIGHT 4 & DAY 5

Performing in Carnegie Hall was the experience of a lifetime. I can't even really describe the feeling I got when I first walked out on to that stage. It was a feeling of pride, honor, gratitude, and excitement, along with many more emotions. 

We did a dress rehearsal in the hall, then had a break to get dinner, and then went back and performed after that. It was such an honor to be up on that stage, but it was even more perfect because of the people I was with. The people in my choir are so amazing and talented, and I am lucky to get to sing with them every day. Our choir works so hard, and it really payed off this night. Performing at Carnegie also gave me such a sense of gratitude for my director, Dr. Zabriskie. He really is the most fantastic director, and we are so lucky to have him and get to sing with him leading us. He's a wonderful leader for us, and just a really great person. :) It's because of him that we all got to experience this life changing trip, and I'll be eternally grateful for that.

After our performance at Carnegie, we all took a bus and went on a dinner cruise. I don't know what I was expecting of the cruise, but it definitely wasn't what I had in mind. It was pretty much like a giant, awesome party. We had dinner, drinks, and dancing, and it was a pretty amazing way to end this incredible trip. 

The next day, I slept in, got all packed up and got on a plane back to Kansas City! I was sad to leave the amazing city that is New York, but it's always great to come home. This trip really was the experience of a life time, and I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of this incredible choir, in this fantastic city, and got to have some amazing memories with my friends that I will cherish forever. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment